Sunday 29 March 2015

Life in the not-so-fast lane

As most of you know, I disabled my Facebook account a week ago.  I was finding myself checking out in the evenings, and spending an exorbitant amount of time not doing a whole lot of anything.  I had been talking about doing it for months and it just never seemed like the right time.  With spring upon us, it became evident I didn't have any time left to be looking at Facebook all evening.  I have barns to clean and fences to mend, horses to groom and goats to lead, cats to cuddle and dogs to throw a ball for... I have family to love and life to live.
 
Numerous times over the last week I've been told that people miss reading the updates on the acreage life, and - surprise, surprise - I miss sharing our story with you all.  This blog will be my outlet from here on out, and yes, I know, I have said that before!  I'll do my best, time permitting.
 
So the following was our Sunday of life in the not-so-fast lane of the Therrien Family.  Not going to tell it like a story because it is far too long to tell, but in summary, there's a lot of fun to be had if you are ok with getting dirty and smelling like a farm :)
 
  • Did the usual chores with the ever appreciative horses and goats.  Took myself a selfie with the old man, Rusty.
 
 
  • Before I could come in, the kids had come outside to play and explore.  We walked around for about an hour just discovering the bounds we have to live within.  Lots and lots of fencing to repair!
  • Came back in for coffee, breakfast, and a quick hour of work remotely.
  • Back on out to brush out all the horses.  Ben's hair is literally coming out in handfuls, while Mowgli hasn't even started shedding yet.  Ben was loving it as 3 of us tackled his shedding disaster.  I think this is 1/2 a horse here!
 
  • Spent quite a while with poor Tigger.  The little guy is terrified of me again since I no longer wear my chore clothes.  I wonder when/if this will ever change for him :(
  • Sat and watched as the kids played with the dogs, cats, and goats in the sunshine.  The goats very happily played and laid in the sunshine between stripping the caraganas to nothing, and cleaning up our hay pile.
 
  • Came back in for a bite of lunch and a quick game of bingo before venturing out again, this time to do some riding lessons on Mr. Nosey.
 
  • Decided to try to tackle some fencing (unsuccessfully), while Reno got the quad and trailer ready for a rip around the yard with the kids.
 
  • Back in for a cuddle, movie, and supper.
  • Out for another round of chores and visits!
So there you have it - the first edition of my regular (hopefully) installments :)





1 comment:

  1. this brings back so many memories of our first spring on the farm, I took thousands of pictures and each day and new little nook and cranny, the smells, the trees, the sky, the view, it was all magic. Enjoy! We are seeling life through new eyes over here and soaking it all in as well. Love yas.

    ReplyDelete