Wednesday 16 February 2011

New to blogging...old to facebook

I'm giving up.

I'm giving up on Facebook.  I like logging on and seeing snippits of peoples lives.  I like seeing who has had a baby, who's getting married, and who's had some amazing luck and is happy with his/her life.  What I don't like is seeing status updates about petty fights, how utterly unhappy someone is, or how some people have the worst luck in life.  I'll admit, I am guilty of the last part, just as much as the first, and while I try my hardest to put a positive spin on life, it doesn't always happen. 

Facebook only shows you those snippets... maybe even a picture or video or two. If your life isn't juicy or your status isn't eye-catching, it doesn't get read.  People don't just go to your profile and look to see what's up with your life, and if they do, it's more to snoop than anything (GUILTY!!).

I'm starting a blog.

I'm starting a blog to write about our family.  To write about what's happening in our lives.  To show pictures and catalogue our journey.  I'm inviting everyone to come and look and see what's happening.   I want you all to see more than what a line or two can say on a page surrounded by people who are living super juicy lives or reposting chainlike statuses.  I want you all to want to take the time in your day to check out what's up with the Therriens, just the same as I would want to check out what's going on in your life. 

It's worth it to me - is it worth it to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment