Sunday 27 February 2011

Silence is not always golden

Wow - what a week!

There's so much to say, and I'm not quite sure if I should squeeze this into one long blog post, or if I should split it up.  If my readers (HA - the handful of you!) wish to see this as separate blogs, let me know and next time I'll try to do that :)

As for the visit with J & P and fam, I am sad that it's over.  You would never have known that we had 8 children under the age of 8 in the house most of the time.  True - it was loud.  True - it was busy.  True - it was so much fun!  The kids played VERY well together.  They went skating and to hockey practice, played outside, video games, cards, playdough... etc. 

Here's a picture of them all together (minus Graysen who was napping):


The kids were usually in bed by 10:30ish, at which time, we adults relaxed and watched some TV.  Mostly we just hung out together.  P and I bonded over online shopping and cloth diapers :)  It felt so good to just relax with some people who I truly do feel are our friends just as much as they are family.  Everyone seemed to be very comfortable and made themselves at home which was great to see.  I went scrapbooking on the Friday night and made a great little FAMILY scrapbook (from the word).  I felt guilty leaving everyone, but they seemed to have fun with or without me ;) 


Linkin in 10 weeks old already... he's getting so big.  I got my baby fix, holding him and rocking him.  Such a cutie with his big brown eyes, and that big gummy smile.  I look at him and Graysen together, and I can't believe that he was once that little...  G started crawling the day before everyone came, and by the time they left, we was getting pretty good at it!

We finished up the visit with an unplanned trip to the city for P and I to buy some new cloth diapers, and for us all to eat in the city.  We "attempted" to go to Fuddruckers, but discouraged by the line-up, went to Bonanza instead.  That was actually a great move as Bonanza is very young kid friendly.  I can't believe how well all the kids behaved.  It was great that we weren't the ones with the kids screaming and jumping on the benches!

Coming home to the house afterwards felt very empty and quiet.  Odd to feel lonely when the house is still quite full, but that's how it felt.  I wish we were closer to family.  Laird has taken us in and we have found a family in our friends and neighbors, but nothing replaces your real family.  I can only hope that we get the chance to see more of all of our families over the coming years.  We really like the new setup with the extra bedroom downstairs for COMPANY (hint hint).

For a shout out to Ilane - Eloïc loves his new clothes, so Thank You!  My favorite is the shirt that says "Under Construction Please Excuse my Mess" on the front and "Adult Supervision Required" on the back.  So cute!




That just about sums it up!  Thanks so much, J & P for coming to visit!  You made this week full of family fun.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the visit was great! The kids look adorable, too bad G is missing. Glad Eloïc likes his clothes, the shirt looks pretty adorable on him :).

    xoxo Ilane

    ReplyDelete